ABOUT CHO'S UTC
Grand Master Bill Cho has been offering instruction and training in Taekwondo since 1992. With two locations in St. Charles and Sycamore, IL, Bill Cho's United Taekwondo Center has produced champions in life as well as in the martial arts. Grand Master Bill Byung Cho (7th Dan TaeKwonDo, 7th Dan Hapkido) and a staff of expert instructors and managers offer a number of programs for physical fitness and instruction in Taekwondo.
Originating in Korea, Takewondo is based on well-rounded, moral teachings. The beauty of learning martial arts is that it encompasses not just the physical aspect of the "sport", but mental, emotional, and life lessons as well. Compared to other activities that emphasize "winning at all costs", Taekwondo lays a foundation for a happy, well-adjusted, and fulfilled adult life.
Lessons in Taekwondo can help any individual who is looking to improve their quality of life. Taekwondo can benefit those who struggle with ATTENTION & FOCUSING problems, as well as STRESS. The structure, repetition and discipline inherent in training provides a framework for many to SUCCEED!
Other benefits include:
- CARDIOVASCULAR CONDITIONING
- IMPROVED FLEXIBILITY & STRENGTH
- PROMOTES BALANCE OF MIND AND BODY
- BUILDS SELF CONFIDENCE & POSITIVE ATTITUDE
MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE
What should you look for in a martial arts school?
- Accredited Instructors - Check for the instructor's qualifications. Only about 5% of the martial arts instruction in the United States today is taught by Masters using the appropriate curriculum. Observe how they interact with their adult and child students. It should be a fun learning experience!
- Safety - Make sure that the establishment is safe, well-maintained, and clean.
- School Values - Observe which school's ideals and philosophies match your family's principles and values.
- Schedules - Finding the most effective way to fit martial arts training into your family's already busy lifestyle is essential. Make sure the school offers an "open" or "flex" schedule to accommodate your individual family's needs.
Our children's program offers many opportunities to earn trophies, patches and rewards for trying hard in class, helping out at home, and doing well in school. We work with parents to help students build self confidence by challenging each student to do more than they thought possible.
Our goal is to help our youngest students stand tall with a firm foundation, knowing they can do anything they set their minds to. Our program includes classes for teenagers & adults, too! All classes include self defense instruction, positive ways to relieve stress and develop better strength & flexibility. Students become positive role models for our youngest, to follow and look up to. You can not find a better program out there where families can work out together, cheering each other on and encouraging one another.